RULES FOR 2022 VARMINT HUNT
MILLS COUNTY GENERAL STORE VARMINT HUNT
March 5-6, 2022
Registration closes on the 5th. Registration form can be mailed in with a check, but must be received by March 1 (mail to PO BOX 530).
HUNTING STARTS AT NOON ON THE 5TH AND WEIGH-IN IS AT 10:00 ON THE 6TH.
ENTRY FEE: $150 FOR MAIN CONTEST PLUS $25 SIDE POTS
COUNTIES WITHIN CONTEST AREA INCLUDE:
Bosque, Brown, Burnet, Coleman, Comanche, Coryell, Eastland, Erath, Hamilton,
Lampasas, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba
PAYOUT: 1ST PLACE - 50%, 2ND PLACE - 30%, 3RD PLACE - 20%
IN ORDER TO WEIGH COON, TEAM MUST QUALIFY WITH ANY OF THE LISTED ANIMALS:
5 GREY FOX, 1 RED FOX, 1 COYOTE, OR 1 BOBCAT.
1. MAIN CONTEST WILL BE DETERMINED BY HEAVIEST COON.
2. TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING WHICH ANIMALS ARE TO BE WEIGHED IN ALL
3. SIDE POTS WILL CONSIST OF THE HEAVIEST IN EACH CATEGORY:
COYOTE, GREY FOX, RED FOX, BOBCAT.
4. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN BASED ON NUMBER OF ANIMALS.
5. FAILURE TO MAKE WEIGH-IN TIME WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. MUST FOLLOW ALL COUNTY, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS. IF YOU BREAK THE LAW, IT
WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
2. 4 MEMBERS TO A TEAM MAXIMUM.
3. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST STAY TOGETHER.
4. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT AT WEIGH-IN.
5. ALL ANIMALS MUST BE KILLED DURING CONTEST HOURS; NO TRAPPED, SNARED, OR
FROZEN ANIMALS WILL BE ALLOWED. NO MODIFYING THE WEIGHT OF ANIMALS.
ANIMALS WILL BE INSPECTED.
6. NO HUNTING OVER BAITED AREAS, NO TROLLING, NO AIRCRAFT, NO DOGS, NO NIGHT
VISION, THERMAL OR INFRARED IMAGING.
7. DECISIONS MADE BY JUDGES ARE FINAL; JUDGES WILL BE HUNTING IN THE CONTEST.
8. LEGALLY REGISTERED SUPPRESSORS ALLOWED.
2021 Predator Contest Results
The 2021 Mills County Predator Hunt is in the bag! Congratulations to the winning teams! We want to thank all the teams that participated to make this year's contest a success. We had a great turnout for weigh-ins! Also want to give a shout out to Triston Dowell & Cody Jeanes for handling the weigh-ins. They did a terrific job! If you have any ideas for future contests, let us know. We want to make future predator contests bigger and better!
21 lbs. 6 oz.
20 lbs. 10 oz.
18 lbs. 7 oz.
11 lbs. 6 oz.
19 lbs. 9 oz.
30 lbs. 6 oz.